Skip to main content

Stitch Me Up.

This was never meant to be a haven. It should only be an escape for me; as you read it, I don't want you to be relieved. I want you to have rage-filled blood, to have your mind painted in red. My feelings felt and your brain fed. I can't escape myself.

I think of existence. I think of commonality. I think of unity. I am hopeful for the things I can't feel because I am hoping for their creation. All I've ever known is their destruction, shattered into shards of glass that cut me even now.

Then they press it, let it mend the flesh, they say. The glass is buried, but the grief is ever present. Its sharpness strains against our skin. Stitches aren't necessary, they say. Stitches aren't necessary. Tear my skin open, rip it out of my flesh, call me an extreme case.

I must be mindful now of what grace they have shown me. I must be satisfied with my life from now on. This freedom has its limits.

It's hurtful to remain hopeful for something I have seen. I write it. I hope for it. I put it out. I am so full of it, yet I don't see an ounce of it out there. I dream of it. Is it delusional for me to fathom the idea of change?

We never see it until we become it. I believe in change because I must be change.

How can one hate so heavily in their hearts? How do they carry it so? Why do they carry it so? Is the god you are proving it to feed you treats of illness and poverty?

Pity the homeless as you drive the streets, an exhibition for your children. A public zoo. Beat them with the book of beliefs.

I am not the phoenix; I can't rise again, so I must die in this lifetime. It feels too little to change everything I want to feel a little safer. Will my blood walk the streets safer in centuries or never?

Will the devil traverse in heaven like they do in cities made of love and dreams? Do you think the devil will pay him off to keep him there? Is there a world where evil doesn't exist? Is utopia so far away if dystopia can be this real to us?

Why must suffering be a norm? Why can't change be a necessity?

Be sensitized. Be kind. Tough love to get you prepared for the real world, they say. You are the real world; be the real world.

Have they bled like we have? Will the gods thirst for their blood?

Why must I not feel rage when my existence, or lack of it, is an opinion? Discussion and empathy. Digestible and palatable. Spoon-feed you into letting me enter the room, take up a little space at a table that will never serve me. Let me feel, for a little while, or it must be crazy.

Don't call him a monster. He is a man.  
Don't call him a god. He is a man.

Don't call her a monster. She is a woman.  
Don't call her a goddess. She is a woman.

Don't forget. Don't create categories to exact your empathy upon. Section off the parts you don't like. Love is for all. It's hard, but I must love you too. It's been centuries, but I must love you.

I must love you or else.

If I don't love, who will? The people you sit beside at the dinner table will eat you too.

The glass strains at my skin. I am bleeding now. Be a man, he said, as I bled down my legs. I wasn't violated. I was only bleeding. It's normal. Will you only feel for me if it was brutal? If I was perfect?

Stitch me up. Stitch me up before I die. Please change my hypocritical heart. Please love me so I know it's real enough that I can hope.

How can I reciprocate something I have never felt? I am a monster. No, I am a human.

You can be an evil human. Don't make a separate section so you can delude yourself into believing that your friends or you won't ever turn into such people. The wolf was in sheep's clothing. He is a sheep. He is among you.

Even these analogies, I hate myself for. Why must I turn to beautifying words so it's palatable?

I am a woman. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ominous Positivity: Reflecting on Korea Day

It's inevitable. The poetry and prose can only shield me from vulnerability for so long. Someone is bound to read through the poorly written literary devices and figure out the true meaning of all my works that I run away from by writing it (How presumptuous). Or no one cares.  The latter is the greater possibility. I find comfort in it, no one cares. And on some days, it's despair in how no one cares.  True to my character, I am going to switch the topic to another one. For today, I wish to reminisce on Korea Day and as much as I would love to say it started with me speaking Korean and having a wonderful day. It didn't. I sat on my glasses.  Having a power of -6 and allegedly even more, I can't move around without my glasses as there is a possibility I will fall into a ditch, the depth perception does lessen when you can't perceive objects, it turns out.  It was frustrating, the whole sitting on glasses debacle. I had never done it before. Out of character as I wou

The Chase to Curfew.

My heart is out of my chest. It's in my throat, beating like it's struggling to stay alive. But it's more alive than ever. The curfew is at 7 PM. You know it, I know it. Everyone knows it. Especially the duos that linger at Martin Junction. Yet we all love to tease the limits of how far a body can run and make it in time. The urgency, the need, the frustration, the fulfillment. There’s something exhilarating about skirting the edge of danger. About feeling the adrenaline course through your veins as the clock ticks down. I reach out for it during exams, actively working towards it—to be sleep-deprived and see how far I can push myself and still dish out something legible. I always take that one fake quote in stride, "Edison built the electric bulb in a night," or something of that sort. It's fake for multiple reasons, the stealing allegations aside. But it brings me hope. And this hope is quite delusional when it’s not accompanied by action. You can call it pr

Rainy Reflections.

What do I write today? I pondered for hours while doing mundane tasks. The sunlight stayed with me for a while, then it left, all alone, before the tube of electricity joined my thoughts. "Aren't you eating dinner?" asked my roommate. That's when I finally broke the silence I had condemned myself to until I wrote. I ate dinner and drank tea instead of coffee because I wanted to sleep earlier. I came back to my room, determined to write the third blog post. I couldn't give up so soon, could I? The sounds of doors and windows slamming against the walls, screeching laughter, and people running around seeped into my room. "It's cool outside, the rain, it's raining," said my roommate. I am not a huge fan of the rain. It always made me moody. I wasn't a hater either. Something in me whispered back to my roommate, "It's raining? It's raining!" I jumped up barefoot and ran out to feel the cool breeze against my face. My feet felt th